Unilever has voluntarily recalled products from brands including TRESemme, Suave, Dove and more due to benzene concerns.
Unilever recently announced a voluntary recall of 19 popular aerosol dry shampoos sold in the United States due to concerns about benzene, a chemical known to cause cancer.
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Humans are exposed to benzene daily through things like tobacco smoke and detergents, but exposure can be considered dangerous depending on the dose and duration of contact, according to centers for disease control and prevention.
Unilever said it was recalling the products “out of an abundance of caution” and the company had not yet received any adverse event reports related to the recall to date.
The recalled products were manufactured before October 2021 and retailers have been advised to remove the affected products from shelves.
The list of affected products includes:
- Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampoo
- Dove Fresh Coconut Dry Shampoo
- Dove Fresh & Floral Dry Shampoo
- Dove Ultra Clean Dry Shampoo
- Dove Invisible Dry Shampoo
- Dove Detoxifying and Purifying Dry Shampoo
- Dove Clarifying Charcoal Dry Shampoo
- Dove Go Active Dry Shampoo
- Nexxus Refreshing Mist Dry Shampoo
- Nexxus Inergy Foam Shampoo
- Suave Dry Shampoo Hair Refresher
- Suave Professionals Refreshing & Reviving Dry Shampoo
- TRESemmé Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- TRESemme Fresh and Clean Dry Shampoo
- TRESemme Pro Pure Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Oh Bee Hive Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Oh Bee Hive Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- Bed Head Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
Addicted to rock
- Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo
The recall is being carried out with the knowledge of the United States Food and Drug Administration. Unilever urged consumers to immediately stop using the affected aerosol dry shampoos and visit the company’s website for eligible product refunds.
Copyright © 2022 ABC News Internet Ventures.