Many shops are closed The day of Christmas, but some keep their doors open, even if only for limited hours, to accommodate anyone who needs last-minute groceries or wants to eat out for the holidays.
Numerous big box stores such as Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Lowe’s, Home Depot and Target were open for last minute shopping on Christmas Eve but are closed for the holidays.
Options are sparse for those who need to stock up on last-minute Christmas dinner ingredients, though some grocery chains have stores open.
- ACME: Some of the 161 Northeast Acme stores will be open, but customers are encouraged to call their local Acme before venturing out.
- Vons, Pavilions: Some Vons and Pavilions stores will be open until 3pm, but customers are also encouraged to check local hours.
- Ralph: Select Ralphs stores will remain open until 5 p.m.
- Safeway: Select Safeway stores will remain open until 7 p.m.
Pharmacies that will remain at least somewhat open include:
- Walgreens: Most Walgreens stores will have reduced hours, but 24-hour Walgreens will remain open, according to USA Today.
- SVC: Many stores will have reduced Christmas hours, with times varying by location.
- Rite Aid: RiteAid stores are generally open, but hours will vary depending on location.
For anyone looking to grab a christmas coffee mug, many Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts stores will be open, but times may vary.
Some restaurants will also be open. Restaurant chains that will serve customers for the holidays include Applebee’s, Waffle House, Domino’s, IHOP, Red Lobster, Golden Corral and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
Most McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell and Pollo Campero restaurants will also be open, but times will vary.